Welcoming the Pre-Quarter Phase

As the night breeze approached me, I looked up into the sky and saw the city lights from skyscrapers that surround the shelter where I stood.
I always love seeing the city skyline at night, although it still thrills every time seeing them since it means I am still far from my home.
Yet, here I am a few hours before the day changes its date, and that magnificent view is still right before my eyes.
I am still in an unknown place I had never visited before with people I do not even know.

They say that is adulting--spending your day at work, making money, paying taxes, and traveling by yourself. Basically, going around places by yourself.
They say that is what it means to grow up.
If adulting this sucks, why would kids await this moment so much?
If adulting means we have to get used to being and enduring everything alone, why would kids await this moment so much?

There come the night thoughts while enjoying music with the bus' announcement voice in the background as I am on my way back home from work. As I look at everyone on the bus. As I reminisce about all the good people, I met during my survey time.

Adulting does not equal being alone.
Adulting means getting yourself used to being independent in dealing with the world.
Being independent does not mean enduring things without help, it means being adaptive; make yourself adjust well. Try to adjust well.
Adulting means getting to know your limit not limiting yourself.
And
Adulting means making your comfort space bigger.

Adulting is an endless process, hence it is not equal to a zero equation. It will not stop just by the time you reach certain goals or numbers in life.
It is an endless process of collecting lights to make your world brighter.
It is also an endless process of collecting energy to make your comfort space bigger.
Most importantly, it is a process of making 'you' within yourself.

It is still hard to suit myself to the positive idea of adulting.
However, yet again, since it is an endless process, are not we all in that phase till the day we are over?

--Random thoughts inside the bus accompanied by the drizzle as I wait for the day to change its date--

23년동안 잘 했습니다.
새 인생 파트는 시작하겠습니다.
축하해요 나!

I took this picture when I tried to figure out which way should I take to get home as soon as possible and safely. When I looked around as a mere pedestrian under huge structures above, with glittering city lights shining all around, I realize each one of us has our own version of the 'guiding lights.' As for me that night, the bus shelter's light was the one that helped me get to the right way, yet it might be the other lights that will guide others to their home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pause! A 2-year reconciliation with one’s self

An Extra